In order to speed up the customs clearance of shipments imported to Italy, the invoice must be filled in correctly, providing the Italian EORI/ VAT/ Partita IVA and/ or the Fiscal Code/ Codice Fiscale of the importer and the necessary contact details of the consignee (for example: email address or telephone number).
Products subject to sanitary, veterinary and phytosanitary formalities:
Which type of goods are subject to sanitary inspection?
- certain type of goods are subject to sanitary inspection before being cleared through customs
- the regulations are issued by the Ministry of Health and the sanitary inspection is always required, regardless of the value or quantity of the goods
- in case the customs authorities require the “Nulla Osta Sanitario” (NOS) Certificate, the release of this document implies an extra tax to be paid to the Ministry of Health
Example of the main categories of products subject to sanitary inspection:
- Products for human consumption (food products), in liquid form or not
- Medical and pharmaceutical products in general
- Medical devices
- Food products of animal origin (veterinary inspection)
- Products of plant origin, for ex. seeds, herbs (phytosanitary inspection)
- Human hair
For moderate quantities – which are verified from time to time by the Ministry of Health and/ or for products destined for laboratory tests and therefore not for human consumption – the sanitary inspection is carried out without the actual Nulla Osta Sanitario and can be done through notification, thus without any further tax to the Ministry of Health
, DHL Express can not only provide counsel on how to speed up and streamline the clearance process, but also offer a varied range of additional dedicated customs services, for an extra cost (for ex. Special Clearance Services for the release of: Nulla Osta Sanitario, Cites, ATA Carnet, etc.)
DHL Express operates in compliance with the current Health regulations.